Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Strike That, Reverse It

This is just a quickie, as I am out of town for a few days (in Chicago! Studying pastry with Chef Norman Love at the French Pastry School! Yes, taking lots of pictures! Yes, it's incredible and I never want to come home again!) and my #$%^&* hotel's internet has worked correctly approximately 5 minutes out of the 2 days I've been here, so I'm at the moment paying for internet access at a little internet cafe just to check on Life, but it's 'spensive, so hence the quickie. Got all that?

But really the quickie is to say that yes, I owe the Blog lots of posts (Week Eight, for crying out loud! The Cabaret, which was freakin' amazing!), but it may be a while. My grandmother has received some very bad health news this week, and I will be coming home to several very difficult weeks as her health continues to inevitably wane away. So, please bear with me. I'll be back, but it may take longer than I would wish.

As Willy Wonka says, so much time, so little to do.

Meanwhile, we've raised about $7500 to date. Someone pinch me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Your family has had more than it's share of health woes this year. :-(

But, I do hope you can enjoy your time in Chicago and a BIG HIGH FIVE on the $7,500+!! Woohoo!

Ann

Anonymous said...

I'm more sorry than I can say about your grandmother. It sounds like there will be more rough days ahead for you and your family.

Do enjoy your classes in Chicago. Somehow baking revives your soul, though I don't understand that, I say good for you. May the French Pastry School and Norman Love be all you expect and more.

As for the money you and your family has earned this summer for PKD, words escape me, and it was far from easy. Congratulations to you and your "team".

Marcia