Saturday, September 22, 2007

Week Eight

I am so far behind I may never catch up, and @#$%^&* Blogger just ate my text for this stinkin' post! I am shouting very naughty words at the top of my voice, which is not very loud because I'm recovering from a cold. There is no justice. Also, ouch.


Week Eight was a very long time ago. I over baked most egregiously, apparently afraid I'd run out of stuff (who remembers?). We had Cinnamon Squares from Dorie:




These are a simple little snack cake, very moist and tasty, with a ribbon of cinnamon/chocolate struesel running through. Better than a poke in the eye.


We also had Dorie's Caramel Crunch Bars:



These are almost more candy than cookie -- a bit toffee-ish and very sticky and crunchy. A little goes a long way.


I also made Dorie's madeleines, just because I love madeleines.



These sold out first.


I felt we needed a muffin, so turned to Dorie's corn muffin (but left out the fresh corn, as my fresh corn had gotten funky in the fridge).




And finally, I wanted to play around with piped decorations again, so pulled out Rose's recipe for zucchini cupcakes (much better than the King Arthur Whole Grain Baking recipe):




There you have it. Eight weeks of bake sales brought in $794. Not shabby. And have you noticed the new total on the sidebar? My lovely friend Melinda pushed us over the top last weekend. We've got the yard sale in a week, and then fundraising is officially OVER for the season. Not that I'm counting days, or anything.

4 comments:

Bob said...

I'm sorry to read of your grandmother's passing.

But, congratulations on your very successful fundraising efforts!

I look forward to reading more when you finally get some time to catch up on your blogging.

RuthWells said...

Thanks, Bob -- I'm getting close to being able to write more frequently. I hope!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on a successful fundraising season! PKD is slowly making its way across the radar and all those affected surely appreciate your efforts. I'm not sure if you ever venture into the big apple, but there is an amazing cooking school on the Upper West Side with all sorts of semminars, demos, classes, etc. I took one of their cooking for health classes and it was so empowering! I'd be happy to pass along the information if you are interested.

RuthWells said...

Hi Kelly,

Sure, I'd love the info! I still need to post about my amazing week at the French Pastry School in Chicago, but NYC is a little closer to home for me.