Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interlude

Greetings! Sorry it's been so quiet here lately -- life has kept me BUSY since our return from the beach, and I often find myself running as fast as I can without moving an inch. Coming back from vacation stinks. But hey -- as of last Saturday, at least I'm not baking on deadline anymore...

While I get my cr@p together to post on Weeks Seven and Eight (and the vacation! and the Cabaret, which is omigod only 10 days away! and my mother's Pushcart Prize nomination!), please amuse yourselves with Garrick's latest List of Imponderable Questions. (To qualify for the List, the Questions must be posed in all earnestness and as late in the day as possible -- preferably at bed time.) In no particular order:
  • Why are women's breasts private, but men's breasts aren't?
  • How did our private parts become private, anyway?
  • Why is underwear private, if the private parts are already covered?
  • Why are women and girls allowed to wear skirts and dresses, but men and boys aren't?
If you can come up to plausible answers to all of the above within a five-minute timeframe at 10 o'clock in the PM, I salute you. I also want your cell phone number on speed-dial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, being the left leaning liberal feminist that I am, I see no reason men and boys can't wear skirts or dresses. It's just not socially acceptable, but there are lots of things that weren't socially acceptable in the past (such as women wearing pants, women wearing dresses that show the leg, etc.) that are now considered socially acceptable! Of course, in some cases we may have gone too far.

Uhm, I don't think I want to tackle the others in my sleep deprived state. ;-)

Ann